Monday, June 17, 2013

Hello, 
After two knee surgeries and 3 rounds of injections in both knees I am back in action. And it feels good to be back! I have made another two cases for the Army Corps of Engineers here in St. Louis, MO. The first case I made from solid White Oak with raised panel doors framed in with a nice rail and stile detail Mr. Adam Rockwell from The Corps designed. There were some engineering challenges I had to work out because it had to be made to be taken apart to carry it on to the river barge yet not compromise the integrity of the river model. With all that said I believe it turned out very sturdy and attractive.The final sanding and finishing was left up to the client to meet the budget.
Let me know what you think.
Side view of case. The front two doors open and the lid lifts up
for presentations. I used White Oak because it is less susceptible
to moisture damage. 
End view of case

No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis